DeMatha Catholic High School
DeMatha Catholic High School was established in September 1946 by members of the Order of the Most Holy Trinity (Trinitarians) to educate young men pursuing a vocation as a Trinitarian priest or brother. Soon after its establishment, local parents asked the Trinitarians to allow their sons to enroll in the school. The Trinitarian priests and brothers enthusiastically accepted this challenge. Two students graduated from DeMatha Catholic High School in 1948. The first full class of 12 graduated in 1949.
DeMatha, an accredited four-year college preparatory high school, has graduated over 7,000 men in its six decades of existence. Twice named a "National School of Excellence" by the U.S. Department of Education, DeMatha’s reputation for excellence is rooted in its sound, forward-looking academic programs and accomplishments in music, athletics, service to the community and co-curricular activities.
Currently, 1,000 young men from diverse economic, ethnic and religious backgrounds attend the school. Our dedicated faculty and staff number over one hundred, including three Trinitarian priests. We continue to provide a quality Catholic education for young men seeking to cultivate a respect for other people which leads them to become "Gentlemen and Scholars."
<<BACK TO TOP>>